Message from His Highness
Dubai’s emergence on the global aviation landscape has been carefully constructed and exceptionally executed. Since the beginning, all the entities involved in the dynamic aviation sector have been unified by a singular vision to transform Dubai into a leading international aviation hub and a standard bearer for aviation excellence. This collaborative approach has allowed us to consistently deliver great results even during challenging economic times.
- 42% increase in passenger traffic at DXB in seven years (2005-2012)
- 6x increase in Emirates passengers in a decade
- World’s single largest airport retail operations – Dubai Duty Free
- Fastest-growing start-up airline – flydubai
- World’s first dedicated A380 terminal
Looking to the future, the aviation sector will continue to be a critical component of Dubai’s economic diversification and sustainable growth. It is our goal to welcome 100 million passengers annually through our two airports by 2020 and reach 200 million passengers by 2045. DAEP will continue, as it has done in the years past, to help develop and deliver the essential infrastructure required to empower Dubai’s economy, bring people closer and deliver extraordinary experiences.